This is the back up forum for pregnancyforum.org.uk
This is the back up forum for our main forum www.pregnancyforum.org.uk

We are working on the issues at the moment, you will need to REGISTER here if you haven't done already

Urchin :O)

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

This is the back up forum for our main forum www.pregnancyforum.org.uk

We are working on the issues at the moment, you will need to REGISTER here if you haven't done already

Urchin :O)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Temporary April May June '11 thread

+7
Magic monkey
corryne
lou89
missy26
kittybear
Honey83
Sparkle113
11 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Temporary April May June '11 thread  - Page 2 Empty Re: Temporary April May June '11 thread

Post by lou89 Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:43 pm

I agree, Sparkle don't be too hard on yourself!!!! A good old make over is bound to make you feel loads better though.

We tried the baby rice, he pulled the same disgusted face as when we give him water and just let it fall out his mouth! He was more interested in the spoon anyway. That was at half 7, he's had two feeds since then and is currently screaming his head of (OH is with him) after his 10 minute cat nap Mad

Glad you enjoyed baby sensory sparkle, hope yours goes okay tomorrow CS

lou89

Female
Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2011-08-29

Back to top Go down

Temporary April May June '11 thread  - Page 2 Empty Re: Temporary April May June '11 thread

Post by missy26 Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:24 pm

Anyone else notice it getting chillier at night how do you keep your baby warm Alexis has a vestsuit sleepsuit and a blanket folded in 2 im thinking that enough as we dont know have heating on and wont till it gets bit colder in day too. Hope can figure out our heating as will have to have it on at night when it does get even colder and our house gets way too hot with it on constantly but still havent figured out how to have it on all the time and house nice and warm without being too hot

missy26

Female
Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2011-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparkle113 Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:52 pm

Keep at it Lou maybe he'll like it soon. I read somewhere that they often try things a few times before liking it.

CS I hope baby sensory goes well. Emily was facinated by all the other people & babies. I hope Henry likes it!

Missy we've noticed how cold it's getting. We had the heating on last night. Emily sleeps with a sleepsuit and a sleeping bag (2.5 tog) blankets are hopeless with her, she kicks them off. I have 2 padded sleepsuits for winter, they were from debenhams, need some in the next size too.

Emily went to bed at 8 & is awake for a feed now, plus a nappy change by the smell of that fart! Lol x

Sparkle113

Female
Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2011-08-12

Back to top Go down

Post by missy26 Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:10 pm

Alexis is in bed with us came up to bed to find she has lost her dummy and very wided eyed gave her a new dummy and she started to get sleepy gave her a quick nappy change and put her to sleep in our bed shes now fast asleep again. Begininnig to wonder if she gets too cold in her crib. Sparklle what togs are the sleeping bags you use might try that with her in bed. Was also thinking about putting a blanket underneath her but dont want ther to pull it over her face etc

And how are babys meant to roll alexis cant go from back to her side yet but if you put her on her side she goes onto back but dont know if that accidental or on purpose

missy26

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparkle113 Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:19 pm

I dont think they do back to front rolling until about 5 or so months.

She has a 1tog sleeping bag that we used in the "summer" but she's now in her 2.5tog ones. One of them came with a little guide about how to dress them for bed in certain temps...can copy it out tomorrow if you like.

Emily sleeps on a fleecy blanket, I just tuck it down the sides of the cot & it doesn't move in the night x

Sparkle113

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by missy26 Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:31 pm

May try blanket idea out tomorow then i have that guide thanks though it was on the room thermometer which i think are lying to me they say 21degrees feels lot colder then that. Alexis is fine now she asleep on her side shes qa side sleeper but i put her on her back in her crib but when she with us she goes on her side and she sleeps like that till next day she usses by hand as cuddly toy sometime so i can check on her bea

missy26

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by missy26 Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:36 pm

Suppose to say she uses my hand as a comforter and as she holds my hand can check she ok off to bed before i write more random rubbish phone and im tired doe not helip

missy26

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Teenytiny Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:26 pm

Hello ladies ive made it!!! Ok so I.dnt like this new forum.... Plus cant use tapatalk on here I dont think so its added to the stress! Ugh

Teenytiny

Female
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2011-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparkle113 Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:56 pm

Morning ladies,

Yawn 'm sleepy!!

What's everyone have planned for today?

We have the HV coming round at 2, I have so many question for her!!That's all we're doing really. I will probably sort out Emilys clothes ready for selling when the forum is back.

I organised Emilys wardrobe today... She doesn't have many winter things so I have a shopping list of, tights, coat, jumpers.

I hope you're all fast askeep xx

Sparkle113

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by lou89 Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:06 pm

Arrrrrgh every hour Mad I haven't even fell asleep since the last feed and I'm now feeding again! We have jabs today, how bad is it that Im secretly thinking oh at least I might get a longer sleep Out of it!!!

Hope the HV can give you some suggestions with the bottles Sparkle!

His tummy has just rumbled but he won't take any more milk WHY!!!!!!

lou89

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by babybelle Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:56 pm

Hey girlies,

I don't like this forum either! Can't wait to get back to our normal home!

Hope you're all ok (((hugs)))

Lou - sending a giant hug to you! Stanley appears to be going through the 4 month growth spurt and it's a killer! He was sleeping so well (for him) before and is now waking loads! We are so so tired, i've cried the last couple of nights Sad Really hope Zion starts sleeping for longer very very soon - just want you to know you're not alone xxx

Sparkle - Hope the HV can answer some of your questions. Stanley needs winter clothes too, i've seen a snowsuit in Mothercare that I want to buy him Smile

Hi Teenytiny - it sucks a bit on this forum doesn't it! Sad hope you're ok.

I'm just about to put Stanley back in his cot to sleep, really hoping he'll want to sleep this morning as I am shattered - praying he will be able to sleep for a bit longer once he's 6 months and can have some food xxxx

babybelle

Female
Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-06-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparkle113 Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:21 am

Morning again ladies,

Lou huge hugs for you (where has our hug smiley gone!) You must be totally shattered Hun. Maybe you'll have chance to catch up with some sleep after the jabs!

Babybelle hugs for you too, I can see pretty soon we're all going to be hoping for 6 months so our babies sleep.
How cute are snowsuits. I'm actually looking forward to the winter to wrap Emily up in warm clothes.

Missy here is that guide

Room temp. Amount of bedding. Tog sleeping bags
24 degrees C or more Sheet only 0.5 tog
21 degrees C Sheet plus one blanket 1 tog
18 degrees C Sheet plus two layers of blanket 2.5 tog
16 degrees C Sheet plus three layers of blanket 2.5 tog + blanket

That's the bedding one....this is the clothes one....(for under the above bedding)

Room temp. Clothing
21-23 degrees. Short-sleeved vest or body suit
19-21 degrees. Long or short sleeved bodysuit or PJs
15-19 degrees. Vest and long sleeved bodysuit or vest & PJs

Have a good day ladies xx

Sparkle113

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by missy26 Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:37 am

Morning all,
Not doing alot today waiting for postman to deliver parcels tidy up a bit go into town and go food shopping that be fun going round iceland trying to stick as much as i can in a basket, we went monday to do shopping but wanted home delivery as it all would defrost if we walked home with it but they dont do home delivery unless you go on the same day and get it well no help to me as can't push a pushchair and a trolley at same time.
Then come home play with Alexis then make dinner while she watches a little bit of tv and hopefully by time OHs home we eat she goes to bed and we can not only finish watching Stephen Kings Rose Red i can read my book for a while Very Happy
My fave smilies think we should have on other forum affraid bounce lol! Razz I love you and for the aliens amongst us alien

missy26

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by MummyDove Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:01 am

Hello... can't wait until we are online again!!!

Do any of you have the Maxi Cosi Cabriofix? If so when did you take the newborn bit out? Islays legs are sticking out the bottom slightly, but not sure if that is safer or whether to take the wedge out so she is deeper in the seat.

She is currently out with her Daddy buying me a present.... a dishwasher. He is such a romantic.

MummyDove

Female
Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2011-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Magic monkey Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:08 am

We have Dove and we took it out by around 6 weeks I think! As soon as she looked squashed in it, we've still got the head hugged bit in though. With E we took it out too soon and it was obvious she wasn't big enough as soon as we pig her in it.

Magic monkey

Female
Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2009-06-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparkle113 Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:16 am

Apparently the other forum is almost ready cheers

Sparkle113

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by MummyDove Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:22 am

My dishwasher will arrive tomorrow... and my dryer this afternoon.

I can't believe I'm feeling excited. Also Islays bike seat should arrive tomorrow (but shes too small for it yet.)

MummyDove

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by missy26 Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:22 am

I am not liking our new postman he didnt bother to knock and give me my parcel instead he puts red card through door saying hes put it in the green bin. Neutral
Thanks i put rubbish and my daughters pooey nappies in there i really want my parcel to go in there i want to know what would of happened if he didnt bother putting card through door

missy26

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by lou89 Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:28 am

Thanks for the hugs ladies they are very needed!

BB this growth spurts a killer isnt it!!! affraid I read on here that the 4 month one is the hardest but i just thought how much worse can it get really?!!! I was proved wrong!

Ahhh babies look so cute in snowsuits!! I bought Zion a lovely one from gap last winter...for an april baby! I dont know what i was thinking but he's wore it once and it wasnt particularly needed i just wanted to get some wear out of it! I havent seen any i like this year though theres still plenty of time. We need lots of winter clothes here too...and for me!

Dove a dishwasher sounds pretty exciting to me! Less washing up to do!!!

Missy mines even worse than that! He rings the buzzer then walks away before you get to it! We get our mail a week late if we dont answer! Yesterday he must of just pressed all the buzzers on the pad and woke Zion up in the process! Im sure postmen should have fob keys to get in!

lou89

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by MummyDove Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:34 am

I bought Islay two snowsuits in the sales last year. One is 3-6 months, one 6-9 months. I can't wait to play in the snow with her so I hope we get some.

Can't believe Postmen put parcels in bins- wheres the logic in that?

MummyDove

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparkle113 Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:57 am

Hugs Lou! I hadn't even thought of winter clothes for me. I do need some new boots!

Dove a dishwasher sounds good. We had one in our old house but the kitchen in this house isn't as big. I don't miss it as much as I thought. I CANNOT live without my tumble dryer tho....use it every day!

Not looking forward to this 4 month growth spurt :-(

My postman is a PITA too, he knocks for stuff that will clearly fit in the letter box! Mad

I am so hungry today! Had my lunch already! pale

Emily is having a nap & I actually have nothing to do.

Come on forum get back to usual!!! x

Sparkle113

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by lou89 Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:16 am

I think its back...off to try now

lou89

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by missy26 Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:30 pm

why are we back here?!

missy26

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by babybelle Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:38 pm

Gah! I want the old pf back Sad

babybelle

Female
Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-06-26

Back to top Go down

Post by missy26 Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:41 pm

what is going on Mad

missy26

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next