This is the back up forum for pregnancyforum.org.uk
This is the back up forum for our main forum www.pregnancyforum.org.uk

We are working on the issues at the moment, you will need to REGISTER here if you haven't done already

Urchin :O)

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

This is the back up forum for our main forum www.pregnancyforum.org.uk

We are working on the issues at the moment, you will need to REGISTER here if you haven't done already

Urchin :O)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Temporary April May June '11 thread

+7
Magic monkey
corryne
lou89
missy26
kittybear
Honey83
Sparkle113
11 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Temporary April May June '11 thread  Empty Temporary April May June '11 thread

Post by Sparkle113 Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:40 pm

Hiya ladies,

Thought we should have somewhere to carry con gossiping while the refurb takes place!! :-)

xx

Sparkle113

Female
Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2011-08-12

Back to top Go down

Temporary April May June '11 thread  Empty Re: Temporary April May June '11 thread

Post by Honey83 Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:58 pm

Gosh you were quick off the mark!! bounce (thatll have to do for a happy dance!!)
(Its vickyandsophie btw...ha what a random username i once had!!)

xxx

Honey83

Female
Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2009-05-21

Back to top Go down

Temporary April May June '11 thread  Empty Re: Temporary April May June '11 thread

Post by Sparkle113 Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:10 pm

Haha well I thought I'd best make something before we all got lost in cyberspace. Lol.

We CANNOT miss out on any gossip!!

Hope you've booked a nice holiday :-) x

Sparkle113

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by kittybear Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:01 pm

Woohoo i made it Razz

kittybear

Female
Number of posts : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by missy26 Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:13 pm

hi so how long is the refurb going to take i was shopping

missy26

Female
Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2011-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparkle113 Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:10 pm

Not long I hope....don't like this old forums.

I was shopping at 4am this morning lol x

Sparkle113

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by lou89 Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:27 pm

whyyyy does the forum have to do down right when i need advice Crying or Very sad

im going to try weaning zion tomorrow todays been the worst ever day ivr literally been sat in the same spot since half 11 with my boob out and hes just not satisfied. OH is NEVER here and i really cant cope anymore i just fed him that wasnt enough so i gave him one of those sma starter bottles that wasnt enough so i fed him again put him down he woke up fed him again put him in his cot 17 minutes later hes screaming for more im going crazy here

lou89

Female
Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2011-08-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparkle113 Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:36 pm

Hugs Lou! :-( That must be awful. Does he take a bottle ok tho? No help when OH isn't there tho I guess.

Let us know how the weaning goes. What are you trying? Good luck! xx

Sparkle113

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Honey83 Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:44 pm

Lou, that sounds sooo hard!!
You have a carrier for him havet you? Will he sleep in that if you just go for a walk or is he still crying and fretting? He ight just crave the closeness to you, but is confusing that with hunger?! Also he could be over tired if hes been feeding all day, ive always found my girls go soo grouchy once theyve gone beyond tired and sometimes are harder to get to sleep when over tired (random girls!!).
Huge hugs though, you must bbe exhasted and fed up :hugs;

xxx

Honey83

Female
Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2009-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by corryne Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:24 pm

Oh Lou that sounds rubbish hun, im sorry Sad have no real advice though, Aden was the same for the whole 10 days i breastfed him, i literally would put him down fast asleep and 10 mins later he was screaming again i think the longest he ever went inbetween was an hour, in the end i felt formula was the only option for us, i really couldnt have gone on like that. I didnt even have time to eat.
Really hope you find a solution even if its means topping up with a couple of bottles a day.

corryne

Female
Number of posts : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by lou89 Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:56 pm

Sparkle he takes a bottle fine so that's one thing I suppose but I never get the chance to express so it HAS to be formula and most times he'll only drink 2oz and then want me to feed him after! I was just going to try baby rice, I need to express milk to put in that though which will never happen!

Vicky I don't know why but I never think to use the carrier in the house, doh! You know when sometimes in the evening you just want an hour or two to yourself it's that that's the main problem tonight! I get what you mean about being over tired, Zion does that too but today he's not falling asleep any other way except being fed!

Corryne I probably should try topping up with formula, it's just so dis heartening to sit here feeding for ageeees to then have to give him a bottle.

I hope everyone else is having a nice un interrupted sleep!!!

lou89

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Magic monkey Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:45 pm

:hugs: Lou, you have to do what works for you so don't beat yourself up if that is a couple of bottles of formula a day or starting weaning now. You can make baby rice with formula too so that takes the pressure off a bit. Sorry to ask but why us your OH away all the time? Is it work or social? If it's social I think you need to tell him how stressed out you are and get him to start doing a bit more, maybe giving him a bottle for the last feed at night so you can get some sleep early on. I second the carrier suggestion for sleeping in the day, M has all of her daytime sleeps in it, I pop her in she falls asleep and I get on with stuff that needs doing. Sometimes they just need reminding that they are tired! Laughing

Magic monkey

Female
Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2009-06-27

Back to top Go down

Post by lou89 Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:45 am

MM he does work early morning and late nights but he also hates being in the house because he gets "bored" (as do we all!) so he's often out Mad
Zions unpredictible when it comes to formula, he used to have a bottle at night usually given by OH but he started refusing it or just chewing the teat so i'd end up feeding him anyway. I dont know if its the formula or the bottle.

lou89

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparkle113 Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:57 am

Morning ladies,

(when is the proper forum back this one is yuck!)

Big big hugs Lou. Have you decided if you're going to give weaning a go today? Baby rice can be made up with a little bit of formula instead of EBM. If you do try I hope it works. How many weeks is Zion now? My 2 friends with children both weaned around 17weeks with no problems.
Is there anyway OH can take Zion out for the day for you to get some sleep? Take a bottle out / sippy cup, worth a try?

Emily had a much better than usual night last night, she went to bed at 8 and woke at 11, 3 then got up at 6.30. I don't expect it to last tho, will just be a 1 off.

I forgot to update on friday I didn't lose any weight last week, stayed the same but having looked at what I ate I'm not surprised. I'm just so hungry all the time!

Anywho ladies I hope you all have a fab day, we're off to baby sensory then to do some shopping at the asda baby event :-) x

Sparkle113

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by babybelle Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:39 am

Hello girlies!

Hugs Lou - I have no helpful advice i'm afraid - just go with what feels right for you, those days when all they want is to feed can be so tough!

I want the other forum back!

Xxxx

babybelle

Female
Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-06-26

Back to top Go down

Post by lou89 Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:06 am

He's was 19 weeks yesterday Shocked I had to check 3 times on my calendar i was certain he was only 17! How bad is that!!! Im going crackers!!! I think i will give it a go today i just need to go and get bowls, bibs etc and i know it sounds silly but if he's going to have "food" i'd feel alot better if it was made with ebm for at least the first try.

Glad you had a better night! You never know, it could be the start of longer nights! Enjoy baby sensory i hear that makes them tired too

Eugh i hate this new forum too. Its here until Wednesday i think

lou89

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by missy26 Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:30 am

hi all not liking this new forum ¬¬ found my OH a silver waistcoat for the wedding £10 from tesco Smile

missy26

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Magic monkey Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:36 am

I'm not liking it either, although it does say I'm only 29!

Magic monkey

Female
Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2009-06-27

Back to top Go down

Post by lou89 Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:41 am

I dont like the lack of smileys and the random ones we have here...i do appreciate this one though Sleep But what are all these about drunken scratch

Missy what a bargain!!!

lou89

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Cupcake sparkles Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:02 am

Hi everyone,
Feeling really tired today. So is Henry for some reason. So we're just snoozing on the sofa.
I'm so tempted to try a bottle if formula just to see if it'll help me get one night of reasonable sleep.
Missy that's a real bargain.
Lou let us know how the weaning goes. Hopefully it'll help him settle down.
I'm staaaarving!! But henrys asleep on me now and I don't want to wake him.

Cupcake sparkles

Female
Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2011-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Cupcake sparkles Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:03 am

Anyone know when the other forum is back?

Cupcake sparkles

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by missy26 Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:04 am

i know and found a dusky pink cravat for £6 so all need to get him is a shirt and grey trousers and thought for best man grey shirt and dusky pink cravat and for my dad grey suit and silver tie

missy26

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparkle113 Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:39 am

Afternoon ladies,

Hugs for the tired ladies...I'm not even going to attempt a proper catch up while we're on this rubbish forum.

Lou I hope today has gone well sunny 19 weeks, where did that go??

I'm not happy with the random smileys either! Very bizarre affraid What a Face cherry

Missy it sounds like you've got some good bargains there! Keep your eye out in tesco during the sales too....that's where I bought my centre piece vases from....bargain! :-)

Baby sensory went well, I think Emily liked it, we're signing up for classes until December Laughing The mummies there did make me feel a bit self conscious tho, they were all so slim & mummy looking, I look awful!! Once the new forum is back I need some help on a hair style choice...I'm giving myself a make over!

I hope everyone is having a good afternoon xx

Sparkle113

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Cupcake sparkles Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:08 pm

Sounds good missy.
Glad Emily liked baby sensory, we have our trial session tomorrow. Really hoping Henry doesn't just scream all through it. He's been attached to my boobs all day!!

Cupcake sparkles

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Cupcake sparkles Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:09 pm

And sparkle, don't be so hard on yourself, I'm sure you look lovely. They were all probably thinking the same thing!!

Cupcake sparkles

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next