This is the back up forum for pregnancyforum.org.uk
This is the back up forum for our main forum www.pregnancyforum.org.uk

We are working on the issues at the moment, you will need to REGISTER here if you haven't done already

Urchin :O)

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

This is the back up forum for our main forum www.pregnancyforum.org.uk

We are working on the issues at the moment, you will need to REGISTER here if you haven't done already

Urchin :O)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

16 and pregnant has me FUMING!!

+6
lou89
Krazi
tasha20
prubear
Beth and her face
robyn1991
10 posters

Go down

16 and pregnant has me FUMING!! Empty 16 and pregnant has me FUMING!!

Post by robyn1991 Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:43 am

I'm so mad! This girl has picked to give up her baby for adoption, and her doctor has decided to INDUCE HER EARLY so the baby isn't born TOO NEAR CHRISTMAS so that this girls xmas's are not ruined.

I'm sorry but I can't BELIEVE a medical professional will do something so completely WRONG as this!! Interfere in a completely healthy pregnancy in order so this girls christmas isn't spoilt???????? Pump her full of chemicals for a completely non-medical reason??

I'm so mad Mad Mad

robyn1991

Female
Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2011-08-30

Back to top Go down

16 and pregnant has me FUMING!! Empty Re: 16 and pregnant has me FUMING!!

Post by Beth and her face Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:07 am

That is ridiculous!!!

Beth and her face

Female
Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2011-08-29

Back to top Go down

Post by prubear Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:53 am

my mum was induced with me because her dr was going on holiday and he didnt want to be away for when she delivered, i think she was under some consultant or something for her epilepsy maybe.
prubear
prubear

Female
Number of posts : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by tasha20 Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:27 am

prubear wrote:my mum was induced with me because her dr was going on holiday and he didnt want to be away for when she delivered, i think she was under some consultant or something for her epilepsy maybe.

That was a total valid reason to induce your mum is she had epilepsy, but inducing because it's Christmas and that there are no health problems with either mother or baby then IMO is totally wrong and could of potentially put the baby at risk, induction is risky as it is!
tasha20
tasha20

Female
Number of posts : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by Krazi Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:29 am

I'm sorry but I think it is a valid reason. That girl could of had an abortion, instead she has chosen to give a couple who cant have children, the gift of a child. I think, considering those unselfish terms that she should at least be able to have happy christmases herself.

Krazi

Female
Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2009-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by lou89 Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:50 am

That seems to be the standard practise on 16 and pregnant

lou89

Female
Number of posts : 15

Back to top Go down

Post by buddabun Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:01 pm

Is it in the US? I hear many stories like this. Just look at OBEM USA, so many women induced on their due dates or for no valid reason. I can't watch these programs any more as my BP hits the roof and Mr B ends up wearing earplugs to block out my ranting Laughing
buddabun
buddabun

Female
Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2009-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by robyn1991 Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:35 pm

Krazi wrote:I'm sorry but I think it is a valid reason. That girl could of had an abortion, instead she has chosen to give a couple who cant have children, the gift of a child. I think, considering those unselfish terms that she should at least be able to have happy christmases herself.

Actually, she opted for adoption, then after the heartbreak of giving her baby away, she flew to the adoptive parents (her aunt and uncle) to take her baby back. After a month 'trial' she decided she had made the wrong choice yet again and gave her baby back to them.

It's completely unacceptable in my view to risk the health of your baby simply to give yourself an 'easier' Christmas.

Don't be sorry, we all have a right to an opinion Smile

robyn1991

Female
Number of posts : 14

Back to top Go down

Post by daftscotslass Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:42 pm

buddabun wrote:Is it in the US? I hear many stories like this. Just look at OBEM USA, so many women induced on their due dates or for no valid reason. I can't watch these programs any more as my BP hits the roof and Mr B ends up wearing earplugs to block out my ranting Laughing

Same here. The level of intervention sometimes makes me want to poke my eyes out. Don't forget it's US TV so it's almost always over-dramatised.
daftscotslass
daftscotslass

Female
Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2008-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by prubear Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:47 am

The thing that gets me is the fact they all seem to opt fo an epidural when they dnt really even look as though theyre anywhere near needing one pain wise, theyre all still sat up in bed chatting away having a million visitors ( i exaggerate obv but yswim lol people coming and going all over the shop) sipping ice and do sudoku blah blah and then a mw comes in, they complain of a bit more discomfort and opt to get an epidural as a first port of call pain relief.

IMO i would want to exhaust other methods first and would want to be at the stage where nowt else works before opting for one, it just seems that thats another way they make it look so easy - im not saying it should be a real struggle and you should be climbing the walls etc but come on your not just going for a nice day out here with family you having a baby, its not meant to be a totally breeze and you get the easy option out of doing hard wrk, its clled labour for a reason y'know?

But hey watch me now, in april im sure i'll be eating my words lol
prubear
prubear

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotty Knoss Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:58 am

prubear wrote:The thing that gets me is the fact they all seem to opt fo an epidural when they dnt really even look as though theyre anywhere near needing one pain wise, theyre all still sat up in bed chatting away having a million visitors ( i exaggerate obv but yswim lol people coming and going all over the shop) sipping ice and do sudoku blah blah and then a mw comes in, they complain of a bit more discomfort and opt to get an epidural as a first port of call pain relief.

IMO i would want to exhaust other methods first and would want to be at the stage where nowt else works before opting for one, it just seems that thats another way they make it look so easy - im not saying it should be a real struggle and you should be climbing the walls etc but come on your not just going for a nice day out here with family you having a baby, its not meant to be a totally breeze and you get the easy option out of doing hard wrk, its clled labour for a reason y'know?

But hey watch me now, in april im sure i'll be eating my words lol

To be fair though if somebody's being induced with the drip then that may be a sensible route. I really didn't want to have an epidural and I'd written that in my birth plan. But when it came down to it I had to be induced and what I had read suggested that the drip made everything even more painful, and I had to be on my back. So on the day, I decided to have an epidural at the outset. I guess I took the "easy option" but then I'm glad I did so, there's no medals for going through horrible pain. I felt hardly any Very Happy But I was crying when I had the epi put in, it wasn't how I'd envisaged my labour and I was scared! That may have been edited out if I'd been on TV though, and you just would've seen me smiling iykwim
Rotty Knoss
Rotty Knoss

Female
Number of posts : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by prubear Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:14 am

well i didnt mean those going in for induction, just those that seemed to have started naturally gone in and jus said yes i want an epidural even though theyre hardly feeling a thing or dilated any either.
prubear
prubear

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by emeraldsroses Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:16 am

Even if I could have had a natural birth with DH, I still would have opted for an epidural. I'm a wimp when it comes to pain, so this would have helped ease it for me.

I agree that it seems to be standard practice in the USA to do things that are not needed, but they are so afraid of malpractice suits that doctors would rather not take risks than to let things go naturally.
emeraldsroses
emeraldsroses

Female
Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2008-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by lou89 Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:19 am

Who wouldnt want a pain free labour though!? If i couldnt have a water birth i'd want an epidural as soon as!! I even wrote that in my labour wishes.

lou89

Female
Number of posts : 15

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down