This is the back up forum for pregnancyforum.org.uk
This is the back up forum for our main forum www.pregnancyforum.org.uk

We are working on the issues at the moment, you will need to REGISTER here if you haven't done already

Urchin :O)

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

This is the back up forum for our main forum www.pregnancyforum.org.uk

We are working on the issues at the moment, you will need to REGISTER here if you haven't done already

Urchin :O)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

what's your midwife like?

+6
splashmonkey
*rainbow*
pacha
Loulabele
angelcake
ibuellie
10 posters

Go down

what's your midwife like? Empty what''s your midwife like?

Post by ibuellie Thu May 21, 2009 8:44 am

Mine's a plumpish Jamacian-brit with a nice casual manner but I can tell that if I start whining and saying stuff like 'I can't do it' she'll sort me out quick time. Reckon she'll get my OH under manners no worries as well. Hope she's on duty come the time.

ibuellie

Female
Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2009-05-21

Back to top Go down

what's your midwife like? Empty Re: what's your midwife like?

Post by angelcake Thu May 21, 2009 8:46 am

She's lovely actually, she's got about as much personality as a wet dish cloth but she's been amazing with all my 'issues' during this pregnancy.
angelcake
angelcake

Female
Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2009-05-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Loulabele Thu May 21, 2009 8:46 am

U mean the local midwife or the community midwife ?
The one i go to in the docs is wild nice - doesn't do much with you, very chatty and i don't be with her long - as for the other community one - well she seems nice too - haven't seen her in ages though but when i called her last week she was reassuring and helpful....

Loulabele

Female
Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2009-02-23

Back to top Go down

Post by pacha Thu May 21, 2009 8:48 am

I havent seen the same one twice

pacha

Female
Number of posts : 89

Back to top Go down

Post by Loulabele Thu May 21, 2009 8:51 am

pacha wrote:I havent seen the same one twice
Shocked

Maybe you're in a larger area r something, i thought u were assigned one lady and that was that...

Loulabele

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by *rainbow* Thu May 21, 2009 8:52 am

I like mine.. she seems really nice.. talks to me like a person.. we chat about her daughter n degrees n stuff.. lol.. theres this lush trainee midwife too.. and shes just so lovely.. tbh the whole lot of them seem really nice.. when i went for my first appointment i epected them all to be horrid n stuff.. but i was plesently suprised
x
*rainbow*
*rainbow*

Female
Registration date : 2008-11-24

Back to top Go down

Post by pacha Thu May 21, 2009 8:54 am

doesnt seem to work like that here No I have had one nice girl out the lot of them and when I say nice its only because she was happy to answer my questions and didnt make me feel stooopid - the others have no time for you and cant wait to get you out Evil or Very Mad

pacha

Female
Number of posts : 89

Back to top Go down

Post by Loulabele Thu May 21, 2009 8:54 am

*rainbow* wrote:I like mine.. she seems really nice.. talks to me like a person.. we chat about her daughter n degrees n stuff.. lol.. theres this lush trainee midwife too.. and shes just so lovely.. tbh the whole lot of them seem really nice.. when i went for my first appointment i epected them all to be horrid n stuff.. but i was plesently suprised
x

It makes it much easier to have someone nice to deal with too. cheers

Loulabele

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by ibuellie Thu May 21, 2009 8:56 am

Mine's a community middie. Coz I said I wanted a homebirth I think the hospital ones become irrelevant. I hadn't met her before today but she pretty much said she's the bird to deal with. Suits me.

ibuellie

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by splashmonkey Thu May 21, 2009 9:10 am

she's all right I guess, never reallly seems to remember me, it's all a bit of a formality iykwim. Maybe that'll improve once I start seeing her more often! At least I seem to get the same one, not like the consultant at the hossie, haven't seen the same one twice.

splashmonkey

Female
Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2009-02-24

Back to top Go down

Post by KikoDinoGirl Thu May 21, 2009 9:14 am

I don't have one - i am under Obstrecian care- so only seen the midwife once and doctors from thereon. Mhe.

KikoDinoGirl

Female
Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post by splashmonkey Thu May 21, 2009 9:16 am

aw that sucks that you don't get both like I do kiko! do you not get to see mw again at all?

splashmonkey

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by *rainbow* Thu May 21, 2009 9:16 am

I was under consultant care too Kiko.. just been signed off it though back to midwife care.. im quite glad about it.. i used to see them alternately.. one time midwife.. then consultant..

x x
*rainbow*
*rainbow*

Female
Registration date : 2008-11-24

Back to top Go down

Post by splashmonkey Thu May 21, 2009 9:19 am

god i seem to have slipped through the net I think! I see the consultant every four weeks and so far haven't missed a standard mw appt apart from the 25 week one... sorry I'm a middy-hogger lol i feel bad now!

splashmonkey

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by KikoDinoGirl Thu May 21, 2009 11:20 am

I don't think so - it's not like the midwife is going to be there during the birth, so I don't suppose it matters about building a relationship or anything like that

KikoDinoGirl

Female
Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post by purplepants Fri May 22, 2009 2:40 am

I have a lovely midwife Very Happy she chats to me like im a human being & shes more than happy to answer ALL my hubbys questions aswell as mine (unlike my health visitor who ignores my hubby compleatly & acts as though he is no part of our childrens lives Shocked ) were really hoping shes on call for the homebirth when i go into labour.
purplepants
purplepants

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by emeraldsroses Fri May 22, 2009 3:22 am

I've got three at the practice I go to. We all get the opportunity to meet them during our pregnancy so we can feel comfortable with them. They are all updated on what's going on with each expectant mum and they never really have to ask for stories to be told again and again. They're all great women and I couldn't ask for better women to guide me through my pregnancy.
emeraldsroses
emeraldsroses

Female
Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2008-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by ibuellie Fri May 22, 2009 3:41 am

purplepants wrote:I have a lovely midwife Very Happy she chats to me like im a human being & shes more than happy to answer ALL my hubbys questions aswell as mine (unlike my health visitor who ignores my hubby compleatly & acts as though he is no part of our childrens lives Shocked ) were really hoping shes on call for the homebirth when i go into labour.

Oooo does this mean you're back to planning a homebirth? I've made a list and started collecting stuff together (which is all going in the baby bath at the moment so at least if the kiddy hates it, it'll have had some use)

ibuellie

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by purplepants Fri May 22, 2009 3:50 am

ibuellie wrote:
purplepants wrote:I have a lovely midwife Very Happy she chats to me like im a human being & shes more than happy to answer ALL my hubbys questions aswell as mine (unlike my health visitor who ignores my hubby compleatly & acts as though he is no part of our childrens lives Shocked ) were really hoping shes on call for the homebirth when i go into labour.

Oooo does this mean you're back to planning a homebirth? I've made a list and started collecting stuff together (which is all going in the baby bath at the moment so at least if the kiddy hates it, it'll have had some use)

Possibly Laughing Were trying to move house before bubs comes along so it also depends on how organised the house is, i dont really want to give birth between unpacked boxes Laughing
My midwife said she dont mind as long as she has a couch to put me on though.
purplepants
purplepants

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Chopsie Fri May 22, 2009 3:57 am

I've seen five different ones now, and none of them will be there when I give birth anyway. In theory I should have had one MW all the way through as that's how it's done here, but she couldn't do my booking appointment, and then after I'd seen her twice she was moved to a different surgery. Then my GPs surgery chucked me out because I live 100 yards outside their practice area (which they've known for 2 years and it's never bothered them) and I had to see a hospital MW for my most recent appointment as the MW at my new surgery couldn't fit me in. Found out there that the last MW I'd seen hadn't done a few things she should have - full blood count being one of them, so not anything important then Rolling Eyes

All in all, I'm not v impressed with the level of care I've received really. Soon be over though!
Chopsie
Chopsie

Female
Number of posts : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by ibuellie Fri May 22, 2009 4:14 am

Chopies, just pray the baby knows what it's suppose to do.

ibuellie

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down