This is the back up forum for pregnancyforum.org.uk
This is the back up forum for our main forum www.pregnancyforum.org.uk

We are working on the issues at the moment, you will need to REGISTER here if you haven't done already

Urchin :O)

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

This is the back up forum for our main forum www.pregnancyforum.org.uk

We are working on the issues at the moment, you will need to REGISTER here if you haven't done already

Urchin :O)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2nd Fertility Appointment

3 posters

Go down

2nd Fertility Appointment Empty 2nd Fertility Appointment

Post by lou31 Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:28 am

Hi all!
We have our secod fertility appointment at 9am tomorrow with the gynae and I am starting to feel a little anxious about it. We should find out some results from different tests as well such as my OH SA and beginning of cycle bloods. I think I may be having a scan of my ovaries etc... Has anyone had this and can let me know what to expect. I am due AF tomorrow as well so just hoping she does not rear her ugly head before then to ruin everything!!! It would just be helpful to hear about anyone else who has been through different fertlity tests. Thanks,
Louise x flower

lou31

Female
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2011-08-30

Back to top Go down

2nd Fertility Appointment Empty Re: 2nd Fertility Appointment

Post by bluejen1 Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:44 am

Hi Hun Very Happy !!

We've had our first appt and are going for our second on 2nd November so can't be much help with regard to what actaully happens at the second appt but i have already had a scan of my ovaries. I've had two in fact. They are nothing at all to worry about and ony take a few minutes. You have to drink two pints of water a couple of hours before and then hold your wee in so you have a full bladder and they they just put a probe over your tummy.

You will just discuss the results of your other tests then and where to go from there. We've already found out my DH's SA results as i phoned my doctors and got them to get them for me - i was too impatient to wait until 2nd November Laughing !! I'm going for my cd2 bloods tomorrow though and i've got a HSG on 15th September so i'll be getting the results of them at my appt.

Good luck with your's Very Happy

bluejen1

Female
Number of posts : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by lou31 Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:02 pm

Hi Bluejen,
thanks for your response. The gynae mentioned some sort of dye being injected into my tubes?? Not sure if he intends to do that tomorrow. Is it called a laproscopy? Anyway whatever happens things will be moving in the right direction - I hope!! Nervous about the SA results etc... hope it is not bad news!! At my first appointment I just had some swabs taken from my cervix - no scan was done. How were your results? How long have you been ttc? We are coming up to a year, which I know doesn't seem long but it feels like it has been ages and you start to convince yourself that there must be something wrong!!

lou31

Female
Number of posts : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by bluejen1 Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:47 pm

Hi Lou31!

Meant to ask you if they'd mentioned to you about the dye in your tubes - that's the HSG i mentioned that i'm having on 15th sep! It's got some really long name but could be known as a laproscopy as well!!! It's defo worth gettig done to check whether there's any blockages in your tubes. Also, some people reckon you are more fertile for about three months after it cos it gets rid of any bits of debris that may be stuck in your tubes!!! That makes it worth while doing doesn't it Very Happy ! You should ask about getting it done if they don't mention it when you go tomorrow.

We've been ttc for two years now which seems like a lifetime! I had a scan about a year ago and it showed i had cysts on my ovaries but this was six months after i'd come off the pill and i'd had no AF at all since coming off it so this was probably why i had the cysts. I had one again about four months ago (by which time i'd had a good few cycles!) and my ovaries were clear yipeeee! Actually, just thought, it's actually three scans i've had as i had one about a month ago which is the one i'm awaiting the results of now - hoping that will be okay if the one four months ago was! The last one was just cos the fertility clinic like to have all their own tests done.

My DH's SA results were really amazing cos he had two SAs (one in April and then another one in May) and they were both horrendous! As a result of how bad they were, he started taking a ridiculous amount of supplements and his last results had reeeeeeaaaally improved! We were made up Very Happy ! Hoefully your DH's will be fine but, if not, there are things you can do to improve it. Doctors don't tend to recommend vitamins and/or herbal remedies but my DH is proof that they do work! cheers

Good luck tomorrow hun and let me know how you get on xxxx flower flower

bluejen1

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by catswhiskers2 Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:50 pm

Bluejen.....tell me WHAT SUPPLEMENTS?

Dh is taking wellman but I want some of what yours had, and how much did they improve?? Laughing Laughing

catswhiskers2

Female
Number of posts : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by bluejen1 Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:06 pm

Catswhiskers! Very Happy Are you ready for this - or more to the point, is your DH ready for this!!!!!! Shocked

In the morning -

Vitamin E - 250 iu
Folic Acid - 400 ug
Pycogenol - 90 mg
Vitmain B12 - 1000 ug
Co-Enzyme Q10 - 100 mg
L-Cartinine - 500 mg
Zinc - 30 mg
Flaxseed - 1000 mg
Vitamin C - 2000 mg
L-Arginine - 500 mg

In the evening -

Zinc - 30 mg
Vitamin C - 1000 mg
L-Arginine - 500 mg

This lot is a ridiculous amount of course but my DH's were that bad!!!!!! Wellman are okay if your DH doesn't have any probs with his sperm as they are just a "little bit of everything" really - my DH obviously has to take "a LOT of everything"! Laughing

With regard to how much it improved - the main things were morphology from 5% to 9%, rapid motility from 17& to 42% and count from 24 million to 34 million! He also had a problem with agglutination which is what the huge amount of vitamin C is for but that had also improved!

Has your DH had any SAs?xxxx flower

bluejen1

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by bluejen1 Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:18 pm

P.S. Catswhiskers just saw your other post about no chance of conceiving naturally and no funding etc Sad Sad Sorry hun. I hate the problems with funding for IVF these days, i just don't get it! confused confused Are all the probs with DH? With us, it is me and DH really as i have ovulation probs as well. Just wondering cos if it just DH's SAs then could compare your results with my DH's previous ones and see if they were similar?? flower

bluejen1

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by catswhiskers2 Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:26 pm

Wow bluejen..he must rattle!!

I will get him stocked up lol!

His results were very bad, only had 1 test tho and waiting 2 more but

count 0.3 (300,000) norm is 20million
0% good 32% going in circles 43% dead

Very bad!

Heres hoping the pills and a freak wrong result is all we need (& a miracle)

catswhiskers2

Female
Number of posts : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by bluejen1 Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:02 am

Hi Catswhiskers Very Happy

Sorry to hear they were bad but i wouldn't give up hope! I read about that concoction of tablets and told my DH about it and he was the one who insisted on me getting them for him! I read about it after googling the phrase "massive improvement in sperm results" (i am a googleaholic!). The lady who had written about it though was in a similar position as she had been told they had a very slim chance of conceiving naturally and were on the waiting list for IVF but, after three months of taking these supplements, they were told they had more chance of conceiving naturally than through IVF! Surprised It wasn't a site selling the tablets or anything either, it was a genuine lady who was on some other pregnancy forum!

I really believe SAs can differ so much from test to test though so you may get better ones or worse ones at any time. The first one my DH had was actually slightly better than the second one - and then obviously the third one was the one that had improved dramatically. I would give them a go if your DH is agreeable. Holland & Barratt stock all of them but the Vit C, Vit E and Zinc are cheaper in the likes of Tescos or Sainsburys. It works out pretty expensive! Although i did find a few of them on e-bay as well which works out a lot cheaper!

Good luck hun flower

bluejen1

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down