This is the back up forum for pregnancyforum.org.uk
This is the back up forum for our main forum www.pregnancyforum.org.uk

We are working on the issues at the moment, you will need to REGISTER here if you haven't done already

Urchin :O)

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

This is the back up forum for our main forum www.pregnancyforum.org.uk

We are working on the issues at the moment, you will need to REGISTER here if you haven't done already

Urchin :O)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Feeling sorry for myself (still)

5 posters

Go down

Feeling sorry for myself (still) Empty Feeling sorry for myself (still)

Post by KikoDinoGirl Thu May 21, 2009 11:26 am

The pain in my pelvis is just unbearable. I come home from walk, and that's kinda of it, I can't walk, move positions on the sofa or cook. I went to physio yesterday who can't do anything else for me (have excersises, pelvic girdle- and now crutches) and I suppose being only 6 months pregnant this is only going to get worse.

Has anyone got any tips? Sad

KikoDinoGirl

Female
Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Back to top Go down

Feeling sorry for myself (still) Empty Re: Feeling sorry for myself (still)

Post by Tiny Sue Thu May 21, 2009 1:20 pm

ohhh hun... you poor thing, I feel for you. I only suffer this mildly so I'm not having to take too many measures - but sleeping on the left side seems best, with a pillow between the legs, and sitting down to put on the clothes. Other than that, try not to separate your legs past the pain free gap (if you have one) and all you can do is grit your teeth the rest of the way.

I wish I could help more

Sue

Tiny Sue

Female
Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2008-11-29

Back to top Go down

Post by KikoDinoGirl Thu May 21, 2009 1:45 pm

Thank you Smile I have the dream pillow thing, so I now sleep in that special position. The pain is unbearable though. I had a little cry earlier, and then I think 'well I've not got piles, varicose veins and my baby is healthy' and that cheers me up for a while xx

KikoDinoGirl

Female
Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2009-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post by purplepants Thu May 21, 2009 3:08 pm

Oh hun "hugs" I know how you feel ive got the support belt & now the crutches but it still hurts Sad Try to take it easy, i hurt more if ive been on my feet alot "more hugs"
purplepants
purplepants

Female
Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2009-02-23

Back to top Go down

Post by nina_ballerina Thu May 21, 2009 3:21 pm

What the others have said really! Just try and listen to your body. My midwife and consultant kept trying to encourage me to take pain killers but I didn't want to mask the pain and make it worse without realising. I only take pain killers at night before I go to sleep if I've had a particularly bad day.

You've just got to plan your day in small chunks I do half the washing up then sit down and have an apple, then go back and finish it off. Another rest etc etc,

In my experience if I have pushed myself and made it worse thats it, it doesn't get better, I think the only cure is have a baby!
nina_ballerina
nina_ballerina

Female
Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2009-02-23

Back to top Go down

Post by OverTheMoon Thu May 21, 2009 11:04 pm

Oh my god, i read your post and its like i am reading about myself. I feel exactly the same and i am also at the six month stage. am thinking how the hell am i going to get through the next three months. With two little ones to look after its impossible to sit still for any length of time as i am always needed for feeding, nappy changing, etc. Its killing me! Am going to see a physio next week but like you i just want something NOW!!! pale

OverTheMoon

Female
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down