This is the back up forum for pregnancyforum.org.uk
This is the back up forum for our main forum www.pregnancyforum.org.uk

We are working on the issues at the moment, you will need to REGISTER here if you haven't done already

Urchin :O)

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

This is the back up forum for our main forum www.pregnancyforum.org.uk

We are working on the issues at the moment, you will need to REGISTER here if you haven't done already

Urchin :O)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoping for babydust... Your advise is greatly appreciated...

+2
WeePrincess
hopeforthebest
6 posters

Go down

Hoping for babydust... Your advise is greatly appreciated... Empty Hoping for babydust... Your advise is greatly appreciated...

Post by hopeforthebest Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:43 am

Hi guys,
probably I know that I am not going to be lucky (for another month)... but I want to share my story and learn from you.

My period cycle is unfortunately rather small, only 23 days. I have calculated that most often I ovulate around day 13, which leaves me a not very big LP unfortunately

Even worse, this month I ovulated on day 15...
I am two days late for the first time in my life, my period had always been like a clock... very rarely one day late.
I really had my hopes up... because never ever was I late for two days...

To my great disappointment however, the pregnancy test was negative... no words to tell you how upset I got.
I understand that especially with the late ovulation I had this month it is really difficult... but please let me know if you think I can still hope while I ovulated so late...

All the best,
Hope soon something good will come for all of us...

hopeforthebest

Female
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2011-08-30

Back to top Go down

Hoping for babydust... Your advise is greatly appreciated... Empty Re: Hoping for babydust... Your advise is greatly appreciated...

Post by WeePrincess Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:16 am

Hi
If you were having sex on the OV days whether it was late or not then theres a chance. And if you're still late then there is also a chance. A neg test could just be because the hormone levels aren;t high enough yet to register. Try another test tomorrow if AF still hasn't arrived.

Good Luck x

WeePrincess

Female
Number of posts : 5

Back to top Go down

Hoping for babydust... Your advise is greatly appreciated... Empty Re: Hoping for babydust... Your advise is greatly appreciated...

Post by hopeforthebest Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:58 am

many thanks for your reply... do you think however that a HPT would turn possitive in a day? I used a very sensitive one....

hopeforthebest

Female
Number of posts : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by trudyscrumptious76 Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:04 am

As wee princess said it might not be over yet. I know a few who took a couple days to get a bfp but so I don't know. I just wanted to say not to worry too much about short cycles. Mine are always between 22-25 days I'm currently on my 3rd pg! Laughing I viewed it as more chances to fall in a year a short cycle. Fx the witch doesn't turn up.
trudyscrumptious76
trudyscrumptious76

Female
Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2008-07-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Krazi Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:09 am

my last 3 cycles were only 21 days but I ov'd around day 6-7 xxx

Krazi

Female
Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2009-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by tacha_maree Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:28 am

i used a first response it ame out negative but got a positive on a superdrug test the next day

tacha_maree

Female
Number of posts : 13

Back to top Go down

Post by Beth and her face Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:54 am

Yes it's definitely possible with only 10 days between ovulation and your period. Lots of women can get a positive test at 9 days after ovulation so don't panic that it's too short.

In my experience, it's likely for your cycle length to fluctuate but even when this happens, your luteal phase (the bit between ovulation and your period) will stay the same... So you ovulated 2 days later, and that means your period will probably be 2 days later xx

Beth and her face

Female
Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2011-08-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum