This is the back up forum for pregnancyforum.org.uk
This is the back up forum for our main forum www.pregnancyforum.org.uk

We are working on the issues at the moment, you will need to REGISTER here if you haven't done already

Urchin :O)

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

This is the back up forum for our main forum www.pregnancyforum.org.uk

We are working on the issues at the moment, you will need to REGISTER here if you haven't done already

Urchin :O)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My poor baby!

+16
beckyv123
lfc_sarah
applebaba
baby_dreamin1
cat
Suzie and her Girls
lou89
beanie
delightful_angel
littleizziesmummy
merrymunky
Lotti
Beth and her face
Magic monkey
bizzygirl101
TashaAndBump
20 posters

Go down

My poor baby! Empty My poor baby!

Post by TashaAndBump Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:06 am

Well I posted this last night on the other forum, but it took me until just now to realise that that forum isn't working for anybody but me! Embarassed

We left Anna with my sister and my mum yesterday morning while I, Dom and the twins went to run a few errands. It was just as it would be quicker. I hardly ever leave my girls and don't know why I agreed to it Sad

While we were out Dom got a call from my sister and I knew imediately something was wrong. They had asked if they could give Anna calpol as she had had a fall and 'grazed her nose', but not to worry as she was okay. Now DH bought this but I knew that my mum and sister would NOT be asking to give calpol unless she had really hurt herself. I wanted to rush back and kicked myself that I was 20 miles away.

Anyway I got back to this:

My poor baby! DSC02136

I know rationally that we can't be with our children all the time and accidents happen - Anyway it may still have occured even if I was there. But the rest of me just keeps thinking, "I should never have left her!" Crying or Very sad There was not even any real reason to, I don't know why I agreed to it in the first place!

I don't want her to go to nursery now. Partly because I'm worried that they'll think I'm a bad mother, and partly because I just don't TRUST anybody else to look after her the way I do. People call me overprotective, but when she is in my care things like this never happen because I don't let them - BECAUSE I'm over protective!

I keep telling myself it was just an accident, accidents happen, it wasn't anybody's fault... but I blame myself and I do wonder if I hadn't left her, it might not have happened Sad

It's even worse this morning, her eyebrow and bottom eyelid have swollen up and she can only half open her eye Sad My poor baby!
TashaAndBump
TashaAndBump

Female
Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2009-05-21

Back to top Go down

My poor baby! Empty Re: My poor baby!

Post by bizzygirl101 Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:08 am

Oh poor Anna! I totally understand how you must be feeling

Big hugs

xx

bizzygirl101

Female
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2011-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Magic monkey Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:10 am

Big hugs for both of you, nursery won't judge you as they will have seen it all before. I know what you mean about being over protective but think of how much she will enjoy nursery and what she will get out of it. I do loads with DD1 yet she has made so much progress socially since starting pre school, she is so confident now.

Magic monkey

Female
Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2009-06-27

Back to top Go down

Post by TashaAndBump Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:16 am

It's because I don't let her do things at my mums' that the other children (my 5 year old brother and nephew, my 3 year old sister and 2 year old nephew) do. They are always on the old climbing frame, climbing the tree, bouncing on the trampoline (it has no netting or blue cover over the springs!), climbing up on the coal bunker etc, and I am always saying no she can't join in because it is dangerous. My mum and sister roll their eyes at me and tell me it's not fair and I'm over protective. But she was there for just a few hours yesterday without my supervision and came home like this! She also told me that she had got stuck on the trampoline with her legs between the springs and that she had fallen off of the sofa when she had been climbing on the back of it. I think that proves my point about why I don't usually let her do these things.
TashaAndBump
TashaAndBump

Female
Number of posts : 59

Back to top Go down

Post by Beth and her face Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:18 am

Awww poor little thing xx

Beth and her face

Female
Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2011-08-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Lotti Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:06 am

Awww, poor Anna. And poor you!! I'd have had a fit getting back to her like that, my goodness, what a state!!

I think that no matter how much you protect them, and if they are with you or not, at some point they are going to have accidents - don't blame yourself hunni.

xxxx
Lotti
Lotti

Female
Number of posts : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by merrymunky Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:10 am

Ouch, poor girl.

But as Lotti says, no matter how uch you protect them, they ARE going to get bums and grazes. All children do. It's not your fault, it's not the fault of the people in whom you put Annas care.

I work with children and sometimes you can be standing right in front of them but if they are going to fall or hurt themselves, there is nothing you can do when it is quick as a flash.

Please try not to worry about it. Her face will heal in no time.
merrymunky
merrymunky

Female
Number of posts : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by littleizziesmummy Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:57 am

Poor thing, for what it is worth I do not think your actions sound over protective. They sound appropriate for a child Anna's age, she will recover soon enough, I think the shock of it all will bother you more than her.

littleizziesmummy

Female
Number of posts : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by delightful_angel Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:20 am

Awww bless her, poor little thing. I hope it's not too sore Crying or Very sad

delightful_angel

Female
Number of posts : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by beanie Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:35 am

aww she has done a fab job there. I grazed half of my face badly when I was little going over the handlebars of my trike onto a concrete path, my mum was right there but things happen so quickly.

I wouldn't worry about nursery, they will have seen it all and will just ask you to sign a form to say it was not done at nursery.

Its hard for me to say anything as I am the other side, I believe that children need to be able to explore and take risks etc to make their world safe and I have to have belief in their self -preservation (though I do tend to do this with my eyes shut at times lol). Cuts and scarpes are part of childhood and makes for great stories when you are older. Try not to be too angry with yourself or your family, you are being unfair on yourself

beanie

Female
Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2008-07-08

Back to top Go down

Post by lou89 Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:47 am

awww poor thing.

lou89

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Suzie and her Girls Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:37 am

beanie wrote:aww she has done a fab job there. I grazed half of my face badly when I was little going over the handlebars of my trike onto a concrete path, my mum was right there but things happen so quickly.

I wouldn't worry about nursery, they will have seen it all and will just ask you to sign a form to say it was not done at nursery.

Its hard for me to say anything as I am the other side, I believe that children need to be able to explore and take risks etc to make their world safe and I have to have belief in their self -preservation (though I do tend to do this with my eyes shut at times lol). Cuts and scarpes are part of childhood and makes for great stories when you are older. Try not to be too angry with yourself or your family, you are being unfair on yourself

I agree with this, part of the reason I let my kids climb and get into scraps is because each time they learn to be that little bit safer and they are a lot more balanced and know their limits due to this. I don't mean that you're wrong but don't beat yourself up about it, she'll be fine, I promise xxxxxxx

P.S Faith fell off her bike the other week, she'd begged for one last go before bed and I hadn't gone outside with her and she fell off. I felt awful as she really skinned her knees and was sobbing - as a result she now always remembers her knee pads Laughing

Suzie and her Girls

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by cat Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:39 am

Ouch!

I did something like that to myself in the first few weeks in primary school. I took whole side of my face off.

How?

Spinning in playground of all things! Laughing

These things happen and they usually look a LOT worse than they really are ((hugs))
cat
cat

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2009-07-07

https://www.facebook.com/mrsayres

Back to top Go down

Post by baby_dreamin1 Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:50 am

aww bless her, im sure it looks alot worse than what it is, i wouldn't be too mad at your family though she just wanted to be like all the others i guess we cant protect them forever unfortunately, i bet she's learnt her lesson for climbing now though ((hugs))
baby_dreamin1
baby_dreamin1

Female
Number of posts : 34

Back to top Go down

Post by applebaba Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:09 am

Aww don't feel bad! I always feel awful when Lillie hurts herself but even when I have been there there has been times when I haven't been able to stop her.

My mum rang me the other week as Lillie was running down a slope near their house and hit her head and got an egg. We can't be there all the time they need to learn to assess danger (although I would agree that climbing like that is a bit too dangerous.. I'm not a fan of trampolines for the under 5s either really)

xx
applebaba
applebaba

Female
Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2011-08-12

Back to top Go down

Post by lfc_sarah Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:53 pm

Aw poor Anna
Hope your ok chick xx
lfc_sarah
lfc_sarah

Female
Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2008-07-08

Back to top Go down

Post by beckyv123 Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:22 pm

Oh bless her, poor baby x
beckyv123
beckyv123

Female
Number of posts : 37

Back to top Go down

Post by holly Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:50 am

Aw bless her!

Working in a school i've seen all sorts, some children are just more accident prone than others! I had 2little boys in my class last year who were constantly falling over and bumping their heads, with endless phonecalls to make sure mum/dad knew about it and to decided if they were going to pick them up or they'd stay in school.. other children haven't even had an accident slip in a year.. in the end they're all ohkay though.

holly

Female
Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2009-05-20

Back to top Go down

Post by emeraldsroses Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:59 am

Poor girl! Tasha, I understand your concern. It's your little girl and you want to keep her protected from harm. It's natural. Just remember, that children will do things and get scrapes from playing. No amount of protection can stop that *HUGS*
emeraldsroses
emeraldsroses

Female
Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2008-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by trixipaws Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:01 am

oh gosh! thats not just "a grazed nose" is it!!! they probably didnt want to freak you out or worry you xx

poor thing!

accidents do happen though you cant prevent every single one, i'm sure your family took as good care of her as they could!

hugs to you and anna xxxx
trixipaws
trixipaws

Female
Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2008-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Button_Moon87 Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:12 am

aww poor Anna thats some graze!! poor girly, hugs to you both xx

Button_Moon87

Female