This is the back up forum for pregnancyforum.org.uk
This is the back up forum for our main forum www.pregnancyforum.org.uk

We are working on the issues at the moment, you will need to REGISTER here if you haven't done already

Urchin :O)

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

This is the back up forum for our main forum www.pregnancyforum.org.uk

We are working on the issues at the moment, you will need to REGISTER here if you haven't done already

Urchin :O)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help, need advice about selling my house quick

4 posters

Go down

Help, need advice about selling my house quick Empty Help, need advice about selling my house quick

Post by BunnyMom1980 Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:44 am

How do I get out of my mortgage whilst still in the fixed rate period? Apparently there is a penalty of nearly £6k on my mortgage.

But basically I don't care, I can't live here any longer and would rather go back to renting.

We've had our car vandalised for the 3rd time in a year and I can't cope anymore.

Are these companies who offer to buy your house for cash any good?

BunnyMom1980

Female
Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-07-08

Back to top Go down

Help, need advice about selling my house quick Empty Re: Help, need advice about selling my house quick

Post by Reallyoldmum Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:53 am

Some times with a fixed rate you can move and take the rate with you. When I needed to sell fast I asked an estate agent to be honest and tell me what price my house had to be to become a good deal for buyers. In all honesty it was about £10K than it was probably worth if we had waited but we were going to miss out on a deal on our current house so it was worth it for us. The agents really believed they were selling a "bargin" too and really worked to market it - we had 12 viewings in 2 days and 4 offers at the end of it.

Reallyoldmum

Female
Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2008-07-07

Back to top Go down

Help, need advice about selling my house quick Empty Re: Help, need advice about selling my house quick

Post by BunnyMom1980 Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:32 am

I can remember reading in the mortgage particulars that the mortgage isn't portable.

I'm that desperate I'd rather get off the property ladder for a few years

BunnyMom1980

Female
Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-07-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Gem & Leland Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:17 am

why dont u rent out your house and move into somewhere rented yourself ? can u do thay ? ( i know nothing on mortgages)
Gem & Leland
Gem & Leland

Female
Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by X5OT Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:31 am

Gem & Leland wrote:why dont u rent out your house and move into somewhere rented yourself ? can u do thay ? ( i know nothing on mortgages)
There's no reason why you cant do that, but you need to make sure you can still cover your mortgage even if you don't have rent coming in (ie if you end up not being able to find tennants 100% of the time). Worst case scenario, you could end up paying rent on the place you're living in AND the mortgage on the other place.
We ahve our house on the market at the moment as we're moving about 9 miles away. The market is very bad at the moment - we've been on almost 3 months now Rolling Eyes

X5OT

Female
Number of posts : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Gem & Leland Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:33 am

perfect time for me to buy lol just not get a mortgage ! it sucks !
Gem & Leland
Gem & Leland

Female
Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Reallyoldmum Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:28 am

Our mortgage wasnt portable but our mortgage advisor negotiated with them for us and we were able to transfer it as long as we had a continuous period. We went from one house to the next.... It may be worth a try. Be careful with renting as some mortgage companies do not let you rent them out and also you have to be careful with house/buildings insurance etc

Reallyoldmum

Female
Number of posts : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down